Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Don't Fuck With Me

And I float upon a shallow bay
Lift me up until the ground gives way
I'm a California castaway
I don't think you wanna fuck with me.


To say that today sucked would be like saying Nelson Mandela got a raw deal.  If you don't know who Nelson Mandela is.. well, I'm just too fucking tired to give you shit.

Started my truck this morning and almost had a heart attack.  Sounded like a herd of elephants getting their nuts caught in a vice.  Got on FB describing the noise and asked for ideas/help.  I got a referral to someone who could do whatever repairs needed. Turns out my catalytic converter got jacked.  I texted & emailed my husband  to let him know.  Why did I let him know since we are split up?  Because stupid is as stupid does.  Plus title is under his name and why the hell wouldn't I!!  I'm freaking a little imagining the upcoming conversation.  But, I tell myself, don't jump the gun and imagine the worst.  Not to worry; my imagination apparently isn't broad enough to imagine the worst.

Let's backtrack to Sunday afternoon.  I have plans to spend time with a friend.  I get a text from said husband that his back (bad injury left him mobile but technically disabled) is bad-bad-bad and may need to go into ER, which happens 2-3 times year so I immediately change plans and tell him I'm on my way and spend rest of afternoon in ER. 

Fast forward....I get a call back from my husband asking what the deal is.  I explain the costs and am prepared to talk through solutions since if the asshead (thief, not spouse) was a stupid criminal and butchered the theft than we could be looking at over $1k.  Response:  It'll come out of your rent so you'll just have to tell the apt manager you can't pay rent until the 10th.  Deal with it.  Goood Bye.  CLICK.  Considering Sunday, I admit to being floored by his callousness.

I collect myself and head back to the house to swap cars (I swapped in the morning when I went to pick up child for school).  I have my referral for a mechanic and know where I'm taking it and I can figure out $$ on the fly.  I get to the house and he has been calling around for estimates.  I tell him about the referral without mentioning who from (goes back to "there shall be no men in your life except those I approve and never without my direct involvement")  but I end up having to say who which then leads to how did he know so I said I posted the weird noise on FB and asked if anyone knew what the issue might be and got the referral.  

WELLLLL.  I was then told that this is not something I could deal with because I'm not equipped to deal with stuff like this; never have been and especially now when I'm obviously  all emotional and whatnot...  Where do you go with shit like that?? So we get into it.  I just want this to end and my truck fixed and don't care by who at this point. 

Back to Facebook.  We got into it, again, about what I post and the inappropriateness and the familiar, "People have talked to me about your posts".  Uhhh, BULLSHIT!  Familiar because he's used that line for the last 20 years anytime he doesn't approve of my behavior but doesn't have the balls to take ownership.  Anyway, so to top everything off, he asks me not to post personal stuff about our family on FB.  Yeah, I'll wait while you catch up with that one.....my truck is now personal family info.  Honestly, how am I supposed to react?  So it came down to my post "told" everyone that either he didn't even know about the situation or he was incapable of handling the situation.  REALLY??  I'm thinking people's reaction would be more in line with, that sucks, here's a mechanic I know that can help....uh, kinda like what happened.  

Ultimately, it turns out his assheadedness (yes, that is a real word) is because he was mad that I didn't stay with him after the hospital.  He said he would've stayed with me and he was really hurt.  

I unfriended him.

No comments:

Post a Comment